sábado, 28 de noviembre de 2020

A reflection on my reading habits

Dear readers.

First of all I would like to start this post by saying that I love reading, specially book related to biographies. In my case I love reading about the Royal Family of United Kingdom and one of my favourite member of the Royal Family is Diana of Wales.

Apart from that one of the key points in this post is to comment the different pictures, so for that reason we have to say that we have the opportunity to read in different formats nowadays and it is essential to bear in mind that the main purpose is to read no matter the format, I personally believe that reading is an activity that can be carried out to learn, relax, have fun...

Picture 1: I could say that they are enjoying the reading experiencie and at the same time they feel comfortable because they are in a library in which there is no noise and they can concentrate on the reading.

Picture 2: It seems that the woman is showing something to the little girl, for me I think that is a wonderful picture, they are reading something interesting in that book!!

Picture 3: In that picture we have the opportunity to appreciate the role of new technologies and the reading, is the new way to read that we have nowadays.

Picture 4: We can see a man reading, in my humble opinion is the picture in which we can see that we can make our own world in our minds when we are reading. He is alone and reading a book in the middle of a street, but while he is reading he creates a world based on what he is reading.

I really like the second picture, when I was a little kid I enjoyed reading storybooks witht my grandparentes and as they are not here in this world now I really miss that experience. Considering the information available in our platform we have to talk about L1 and L2 reading.

In L1, I usually read every kind of text but I specially like autobiographies, blogs... and in L2 I like reading books related to adventures, autobiographies, although I also like listening to podcasts and Educational books. As English is not our mother tongue we have to devote more time to understand the sociocultural aspcets involved in reading, so for that reason it is essential to consider that iis better to understand the context instead of understading every single word.

We work different processes when reading like top down and bottom up that are so important l , I like reading before going to bed because it helps me to relax and create and atmosphere of peace. Last but not least, I would like to state that if you read you will open a world full of experiences and learning posibilities.






1 comentario:

  1. Hi there!
    I love your blog, so colourful, entertaining, educational, organised.

    It invites tyo stay and read through. May I ask you How you get it that all the entrences appear together on one go?
    Thank you in advance, your puplis must be very happy to have such a inspiring teacher!
    Thank you for sharing.

    Merry Christmas and a healthy 2021.

    ResponderEliminar